EXECUTIVE ORDER FOR ADDITIONAL POLICIES AND GUIDELINES IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF MODIFIED GENERAL COMMUNITY QUARANTINE IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MAITUM
WHEREAS, Section 16 of RA 7160 or the Local Government Code of 1991 provides that every Local Government Unit shall exercise the powers expressly granted those necessarily implied therefrom, as well as necessary, appropriate or incidental for the efficient and effective governance and those which are essential to the promotion of the general welfare;
WHEREAS, on March 08, 2020, a State of Public Health Emergency was declared throughout the Philippines by the Office of the President through Proclamation Number 922;
WHEREAS, it is a declared policy of the State to protect and promote the right to health of the people and instill health consciousness among them;
WHEREAS, the State recognizes disease surveillance and response systems of the Department of Health (DOH) and its local counterparts, as the first line of defense to epidemics and health events of public health concern that pose risk to public health and security;
WHEREAS, the Department of Health-Center for Health Development Region XII (DOH-CHD RXII) reported local transmissions of Corona Virus-19 (COVID-19) in neighboring areas of General Santos, Sultan Kudarat and South Cotabato;
NOW THEREFORE, I, ALEXANDER BRYAN B. REGANIT, Municipal Mayor of the Municipality of Maitum, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the following;
SECTION I. ALLOWED PERSONS OUTSIDE OF RESIDENCE (APOR)-Only the following persons shall be allowed to enter/exit the Municipality;
- Health and emergency frontline services personnel;
- Government Officials and government frontline personnel;
- Duly authorized humanitarian assistance actors (HAAs);
- Persons travelling for medical or humanitarian reasons;
- Persons going to the airport for travel abroad;
- Returning Overseas Filipino Workers and Locally Stranded Individuals;
- Owners/Employees of Establishments or businesses allowed to operate;
- Those providing/delivers essential goods and services; and,
- Workers/Essential travelers in and outside of the Municipality.
SECTION II. Entry of non-resident individuals working in the municipality and living in low-risk areas within Region XII shall be granted upon showing their company ID or in the absence thereof, certificate of employment.
SECTION III. Non-resident individuals who are passing by this Municipality are allowed to enter upon showing proof that they have been allowed to go outside of their residence by their respective LGUs.
SECTION IV. Workers employed by companies/establishments operating in the Municipality from high risk areas may be granted entry provided that they have coordinated with the Municipal Health Office. Furthermore, such worker is required to strictly observe the 14-day quarantine, commencing from the moment they set foot on the Municipality, prior to working for the purpose they have been called upon.
SECTION V. HEALTH PROTOCOLS- The usual health protocols in place whenever in public place shall continue to be implemented in the Municipality, such as but not limited to mandatory wearing of face masks, face shields, frequent hand washing with soap or alcohol, social or physical distancing, body temperature checking, footbath, etc.
SECTION VI. Accommodation establishments are only allowed to cater guests coming from the Municipality. Before any accommodation establishment can operate as an isolation facility for ROFs or LSIs coming from high risk areas, it should be first checked and approved by the Municipal Health Office.
SECTION VII. PUBLIC TRANSPORT. For contact tracing purposes, operators and van drivers are hereby ORDERED to maintain a “logbook” of passengers that they ferry to and from the Municipality. The same shall contain personal circumstances such as full name, address and contact number, if applicable, and shall be submitted every Saturday to the checkpoints in Barangay Pangi, and other checkpoints within the boundaries of the Municipality.
Travelers entering the Municipality shall show competent proof of identification in the checkpoints established along the borders of the Municipality.
SECTION VIII. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES. Due to the recently reported confirmed cases of COVID-19 local transmission in neighboring areas of General Santos City, Sultan Kudarat and Polomolok, South Cotabato, and in line with the existing national guidelines, the following activities are not allowed;
- Amusements and gaming;
- Gym/Fitness Studios;
- Entertainment Industries (cinemas, disco/karaoke bars, nightclubs);
- Children’s Amusement Industries;
- Internet Café’s
Other indoor and outdoor non-contact sport activities as allowed in the latest national guidelines shall continue to be allowed in the Municipality of Maitum provided that the minimum health protocols are observed.
SECTION IX. BORDER LOCKDOWN and CURFEW.
- There shall be a tightened border lockdown to be enforced in the Municipality of Maitum, Sarangani Province, to start effective immediately until September 07, 2020 unless extended, or lifted, to wit;
- Stringent travel restrictions shall be implemented by the Municipal Local Government Unit of Maitum, in coordination with Maitum-Philippine National Police (Maitum PNP) and Maitum Municipal Health Office (MHO), allowing only those travelling for essential (EMPHASIZING HEREWITH HEALTHWORKERS, FOOD SUPPLY and OTHER LIFELINES) and EMERGENCY PURPOSES.
- During curfew hours, from 09:00PM to 04:00AM, Essential deliveries, health workers and other essential workers of the government operating 24/7 are allowed to pass.
SECTION X. LIQUOR BAN- A total liquor ban in all public places is still imposed within the Municipality of Maitum. It shall be prohibited for any person to drink intoxicating liquor in any public place within the Municipality.
SECTION XI. RESIDENTS WITH 0-20 YEARS OLD AND THE ELDERLY OR THOSE AGED 60 AND ABOVE and those categorized with high health risk or those who reside with persons with co-morbidities or other risk factors, including the following, SHALL REMAIN AT HOME;
- Persons with special medical needs, persons with disabilities/differently abled persons are prohibited in all public places as much as practicable;
- Pregnant women, lactating mothers, women with neo-natal or with under five children are restricted from going to public places, EXCEPT FOR MEDICAL REASONS ONLY.
SECTION XII: EMPHASIS ON MASS GATHERING. All gatherings, including religious, conferences, meetings, etc. are allowed provided that the attendees are of 50% capacity of the venue, and are imposing minimum health standards.
As to religious activities, it is discouraged to have 0-20 years old and 60 years above as attendees. (Section XI of this EO)
SECTION XIII: SEPARABILITY CLAUSE. In the event that any provision of this ORDER or any part hereof is declared unconstitutional, invalid, or illegal by a competent authority or a court of law, the provisions not thereby affected shall remain in force and effect.
SECTION XIV: REPEALING CLAUSE. All orders, rules and regulations, and other issuances or parts thereof that are inconsistent with the provisions of this ORDER, are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION XV: EFFECTIVITY. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately upon its approval and shall remain in force unless otherwise revoked or cancelled or until the accomplishment of the purposes of this ORDER.
DONE in the Municipality of Maitum this 23rd day of August in the year of Our Lord, Two Thousand Twenty.
ALEXANDER BRYAN B. REGANIT