“EXECUTIVE ORDER IMPOSING STRINGENT BORDER LOCKDOWN, CLUSTERING OF BARANGAYS IN GOING TO THE PUBLIC MARKET, NO MOVEMENT SUNDAY, AND OTHER MEASURES TO CURVE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 AND EXTENDING THE MODIFIED GENERAL COMMUNITY QUARANTINE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF MAITUM”
WHEREAS, Section 16 of RA 7160 or the Local Government Code of 1991 provides that every Local Government Unit shall exercise the powers expressly granted those necessarily implied therefrom, as well as necessary, appropriate or incidental for the efficient and effective governance and those which are essential to the promotion of the general welfare;
WHEREAS, there is an impending threat of local transmission of COVID-19 in the Municipality since there is a notable case in the Municipality of Maasim, Sarangani Province and Palimbang Sultan Kudarat;
WHEREAS, the number of positive cases of COVID-19 in the Municipality has radically increased in the past months due to the arrival of Returning Overseas Filipino Workers and Locally Stranded Individuals;
WHEREAS, the easing of restrictions on the movement of people within the Municipality has also contributed to the loaming threat of local transmission of the virus;
WHEREAS, in a bid to curb the growing number of COVID-19 in the Municipality and in nearby areas, the Local Government of Maitum deemed it proper to curtail the movement of people going in and out of the Municipality by ordering and imposing border lockdown within the Municipal boundaries;
NOW THEREFORE, I, ALEXANDER BRYAN B. REGANIT, Municipal Mayor of the Municipality of Maitum, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the following;
SECTION I. EXTENDED IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MODIFIED GENERAL COMMUNITY QUARANTINE. The implementation of the Modified General Community Quarantine is hereby extended until September 15, 2020;
SECTION II. GENERAL GUIDELINES. The following guidelines shall be strictly imposed and followed within the Municipality;
- The entry of people who are non-residents of the Municipality is prohibited. Only those who are involved in medical, peace and order, rescue, and COVID-19 interventions, civil servants, media, public utilities are allowed to enter and go out of the Municipality, however they are required to present pertinent documents supporting their travel.;
- People from the Municipality of Maitum who are working outside of the Municipality are advised to seek temporary boarding houses near their places of work until the lifting of the border lockdown.;
- The delivery and entry of ESSENTIAL GOODS and FOODSTUFF shall be allowed after strict observance of the following procedures or protocols;
- The one driver-one helper policy is imposed, and;
- Drivers and helpers of the cargo/transport vehicles shall observe stringent sanitation protocols at designated border checkpoints.
- Food lanes shall still be maintained and established in our national highways and main roads without the need of usual checking by the PNP or AFP personnel, MHO Personnel and Barangay Workers, manning our respective checkpoints so that delivery of food and basic commodities shall not be hampered. Only suspicious cargoes and deliveries may be examined or checked for security purposes;
- The observance of minimum public health standards and non-pharmaceutical interventions, such as the mandatory social or physical distancing, wearing of face masks, for all people shall be maintained at all times;
- The wearing of face shields in all public utility vehicles as well as in public places shall be required from all people at all times;
- Mandatory handwashing practices and disinfections of facilities and equipment (before and after usage)-start and end of business and office operations;
- Mandatory conduct of temperature checks at the entrance of business establishments, government offices, terminals and other public places;
- Mandatory use of alcohol, sanitizers or liquid soap dispensers for handwashing in all entrances and exits in all public places, offices and business establishments;
- Mass gatherings, such as but not limited to movie screening, concerts, sporting events, and other entertainment activities and religious services and work conferences shall be allowed provided the participants shall be limited to Fifty per cent (50%) of the seating or venue capacity;
- Gatherings for the provision of critical government services, COVID 19 related government activities and authorized humanitarian activities while adhering to the prescribed minimum health standards shall also be allowed;
- There shall still be a mandatory imposition and observance of curfew from 09:00 PM to 04:00 AM for all residents of the Municipality except health and other essential frontliners;
- A total liquor ban in all public places is still imposed within the Municipality of Maitum. It shall be prohibited for any person to drink intoxicating liquor in any public place within the Municipality;
- There shall be a re-imposition of BARANGAY CLUSTERING in going to the public market for buying of essential goods and stuffs, provided that the APOR shall present his/her Municipal ID. No Municipal ID shall mean NO ENTRY in the public market area;
- A NO MOVEMENT SUNDAY is also re-imposed. Meaning, all residents are advised to stay at home, except for frontliners, health workers and other personnel providing emergency services. Masses and other religious activities are hereby suspended. Only stores/establishment offering medical supplies and other pharmaceutical interventions are allowed to open;
- As our continuing campaign for effective COVID-19 response, and strategy, all those vulnerable residents (below 21 years old and 60 years old and above, and those with immune compromised health conditions) are enjoined to Stay At Home except those allowed under the revised Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines, and;
- Additional and subsequent guidelines and protocols for the movement of people within the Municipality shall be issued later if deemed necessary.
SECTION III: SEPARABILITY CLAUSE. In the event that any provision of this ORDER or any part hereof is declared unconstitutional, invalid, or illegal by a competent authority or a court of law, the provisions not thereby affected shall remain in force and effect.
SECTION IV: REPEALING CLAUSE. All orders, rules and regulations, and other issuances or parts thereof that are inconsistent with the provisions of this ORDER, are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION V: EFFECTIVITY. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately upon its approval and shall remain in force unless otherwise revoked or cancelled or until the accomplishment of the purposes of this ORDER.
DONE in the Municipality of Maitum this 1st day of September in the year of Our Lord, Two Thousand Twenty.
(SGD) ALEXANDER BRYAN B. REGANIT